Brexit Planning Workshop for Importers & Exporters
By David Hooper, August 09, 2019, Category: General News
In 2016 Boris Johnson, now the UK Prime Minister stated that:
“We are proud to be running some workshops with the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce to help local businesses plan for Brexit. These will be full of content that you will find useful and allow you to make the decisions you need to make around Brexit.”
The first event is on 11th September.
Do you want to get your business Brexit ready but don’t know where to start? This workshop is designed for businesses that import & export and will cover the various aspects of international trade that will be affected by leaving the EU. It will also look at what steps you can take to prepare including conducting a supply chain audit, reviewing your customs processes and special procedures such as inward processing, outward processing and the AEO scheme.
This exciting workshop will bring you up to speed with the Brexit process and the key practical aspects of international trade that will be affected by Brexit including:
The Exit Process – What’s happening and when.
Trade Now and After Brexit:
- How trade currently works with the EU and what will change
- The current Single Market and Customs Union Model
- Current Free Trade Agreement’s through the EU
The Post-Brexit Trading Models:
- Customs Union, Single Market, Free Trade Agreement and their practical implications for importers and exporters
- No Deal Implications
- Practical Considerations such as tariffs, import VAT, customs declarations etc
Practical Steps to Take such as:
- Conducting a supply chain audit
- Using special procedures to minimise impact – for example IPR, OPR, AEO etc
- Member: £250 + VAT
- Non-Member: £295 + VAT